Monday, March 22, 2010

2004's take on 1976's Taxi Driver is SO 2010

Hollywood and Vine

The first four photos: Traveling with the Ghost

W Magazine: December 2004
Editorial: Hollywood and Vine
Inspiration: Jodie Foster film- Taxi Driver
Photographer: Glen Luchford
Starring: Natalia Vodianova

As I was flipping though old issues of W stashed in the attic and corners of my bedroom, I came across this very purty editorial. It looks like it could fit in with the '70s trend I see happening this year. Oh, and that frizzy curly hair fills my heart with joy. My hair is frizzy and curly too but-ooooo child!- it does not look like that. I have to admit that I have started to feel uninspired clothing-wise so here is hoping this lights a spark because right now I'm dressing incredibly dull. I've fallen into the dress, cardigan, boots routine which is fine but I think a little shake up is in order. I'm actually dying to get back into some rompers. Ohhhh...rompers...

ANYWAY- these are not all of the images from the editorial just the ones I like best. Luckily, there were a few of the images already on the internet because the photos laying on double pages were too big for me to scan!Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I've been dying for a romper! Glad someone else out there is on the same wavelength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive just recently seen Taxi! and indeed, it is a very inspiring film.. especially fashion-wise! Oddly enough, even though Ive never really been keen on following trends, I find myself looking to the 70's again for sartorial inspiration. I suppose fashion works that way.. it gets into your head.. subliminally.. hehe..

    xx

    ReplyDelete