Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"You don't know much," said the Duchess; "and that's a fact."

Alice 3

Having recently seen Tim Burton's take on Alice in Wonderland, I felt the urge to post some of my favorite Alice images. Pulled from my own little library, the images are from the Dandelion Library 1955 abridged children's version of Alice in Wonderland. It has the sweetest illustrations by Marjorie Torrey and the abridged tale for young readers is wonderful as well.

Alice 1

Alice 2

To be honest, I was not crazy about Tim Burton's version of Lewis Carroll's beloved story. The visuals were expectedly interesting, but I didn't imagine myself transported into the story which is quite a failure for a fantasy movie. The story wasn't compelling and I felt next to no personal attachment to the characters (Johnny Depp was great though!) Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite stories but this didn't evoke the Alice in Wonderland I have so often dreamed about. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy certain elements- but I also wouldn't shed any tears if I don't watch it again.

scan0002

That's just my humble opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment