Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Somebody Else's Clothes (I Wish Were Mine)

Henrik ss10 1-tile
Source: Copenhagen Fashion Week

I love love Henrik Vibskov! His work blends street wear and avant garde fashion in a way that is always unique and immediately identifiable as a Henrik Vibskov vision. His certain flair for theatrics is present in the manner in which he reveals his clothing, which is approached more as art “happenings” than a typical fashion show format. He plays with prints, color, and silhouettes like nobody's business which is why he is one of my favorite designers to watch. He also is a fan of the one piece jumper for men and women, and loves to use bizarre-o headpieces. He's a man after my own heart.

His SS10 collection is definitely something I’ll be keeping in mind this spring/summer season. Hell, I could almost recreate this fashion runway presentation in my front yard with the exception the donkey.Although...there are those llamas living next door…

Moving on...

Henrik AW10 sonnyphotos 2-tile-tile
Source: Sonnyphotos

His AW 2010-2011 menswear collection is right up my alley. I think it is amazing as a menswear collection but I also think it would be a really fun collection to interpret into a woman’s wardrobe. I loved it so much that I am already excited for fall, my favorite season of the year! Since we haven’t even moseyed into spring yet I’ll just have to keep the excitement to a minimum. Still- I’ll be keeping my eyes out for similar earthy prints, cozy cardigans, oversize sweaters and jackets, patched up pants and shorts…strangely shaped mirror sunglasses and wooden brain hats? I’m sure those are just hidden somewhere in a quaint little thrift store. (Don't even think DIY, this is not that kind of blog, ya hear?)

Henrik AW10 Dazed 3-tile
Source: Dazed Digital

The guy in the middle below is wearing one of my favorite looks from the collection

Henrik AW10 sonnyphotos 1-tile
Source: Sonnyphotos

Also, white fingertips Mr. Vibskov? Whaaaaa? Well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment