Monday, February 8, 2010

What's A Girl To Do?

Pink shirt!DSC_0215
I confess! I confess! I do not dress appropriately for the weather very often. My philosophy is to dress for the indoor climate because that is where I will be spending the majority of my day. This is what I think makes the most sense. Many may disagree but what should I care? A girl is entitled to her fashion choices, should she suffer for them or not, that's her business!There are exceptions to this rule of course, for example, I once spotted girls in bikinis and uggs playing in the snow. Wrong move, I think, for many a reason I can’t bear to get into…

Pink shirt!DSC_0203-tile
Blouse- Vintage
Leather Skirt- Vintage
Jacket- Vintage (Punk Rock Flea Market)
Tights- Target
Shoes- Thrifted
Hat- Camden Market (The Stables)
Earrings- Forever 21

The outfit above consists of two very weather inappropriate (post-blizzard) choices, a sheer top and a leather mini skirt. If you’re thinking a hat and a carpet jacket may be just the ticket for a warm and snuggly, weather appropriate touch, you would be wrong. I was shivering up a storm, but I admit I chose this icy fate. This may be my fatal flaw, so don’t be surprised if you hear a rumor about a scantily clad human icicle frozen on a sidewalk somewhere in the middle of a winter wonderland… Frozen.Forever. Ah, but since when is fashion always function? Maybe this outfit isn’t shielding me from the tundra but I’ve been dying to wear this blouse. The question is, should I give into the weather so I don’t make my icicle prediction come true? I…just…don’t…know.

Oh woe is me.

1 comment:

  1. what a chic hat! this look is so french! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete